At Servant Keeper, we have a few fundamental principles surrounding privacy and the sharing of personal information:
- When you use our products and services, you’re trusting us with your information and we have a responsibility to use and manage it appropriately.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We are thoughtful about what personal information we ask you to provide and that we collect about you through the operation of our products and services.
- We only collect personal information when we have a legitimate business reason to do so.
- We store personal information for only as long as you allow us, or we are obligated to keep it.
- We make it easy for you to control what personal information is shared or kept private.
- At times Servant Keeper may make your personal information available to strategic partners. We share information about you with trusted partners who maintain appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
These principles are incorporated in the policy below.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are Servant Keeper. At Servant Keeper, we use technology to reduce the administrative burden of ministry leaders so they can spend less time behind the computer, and more time doing ministry.
Our team is always creating new products and services to help you, and the Church, grow.
Our products and services are used by individuals and Communities (defined below) around the world.
- Our websites, including, but not limited to: servantpc.com, servantkeeper.com, & ministrytracker.com;
- Our mobile applications for iOS, & Android like: Servant Keeper Greet and Attend, and Mobile Ministry;
- Our products and services that are available online, like: servantkeeper.com;
- Our products and services that are available as desktop clients, like: Servant Keeper, and Check-In;
Terms that We Use
“Servant Keeper Services” means websites, applications, products and services deployed by Servant Keeper for end use by churches, individuals and their communities. (examples: servantkeeper.com)
“Community” means faith-based organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit entities, and any other organization that licenses any Servant Keeper Service for use by the Community or it’s Users.
“Users” are people who:
- establish a Servant Keeper account for connecting and transacting with Servant Keeper as a consumer of Servant Keeper Services.
- access any Servant Keeper Services pursuant to a license granted to a Community (examples: a church administrator who uses Servant Keeper and invites church members to the Member Portal);
“Community Services” – Things Users
- build for or distribute to their Community using Servant Keeper Services. (examples: websites, church groups, presentations)
Information We Collect
We collect information about you to provide Servant Keeper Services, to communicate with you, and to make Servant Keeper better – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, or what church you attend, or ads you will find useful, or what areas of the products you use most. The information we collect, and how that information is used, depends on how you use Servant Keeper Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect and retain information that you provide to us directly. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Servant Keeper Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Servant Keeper account to provide an churh name, email address, name, and password. You may provide us with more information, like your phone number, but we don’t require that information to create a Servant Keeper account.
- Servant Keeper Profile Information: If you have a Servant Keeper Account, you have a Servant Keeper Profile. Basic Servant Keeper Account information like your name and email address become part of your Servant Keeper Profile.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you transact with us by trialing or subscribing to a Service or buying something – you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, billing address, and contact information.
- Website and Giving Information: If you use our Servant Keeper Giving Services to accept donations, when you do this, your account may then include information like your domain name, your church, and, if necessary to set up a payments integration, your bank account information.
- Credentials: Depending on the Servant Keeper Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for third-party products and services required for your Servant Keeper Services to function, like: account information for the Mail Chimp integration.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Sales staff about your interests or orders,communicate with Customer Success or Customer Service staff about a support question.
Information You Provide to your Community
Some of Servant Keeper Services require that we act as a data processor for a church or other third party.
- Servant Keeper Profile Information: When you join a church group, administrators and members of that Servant Keeper church group may have access to your personal information.
- Other information: Sometimes when you interact with a Servant Keeper Service, we may be acting as a data processor for the Servant Keeper church using that service. (examples: If a church uses Servant Keeper you may be able to share a mobile phone number to be texted directions to that church. Your mobile phone number would be collected. If a church uses Servant Keeper Giving and you made a donation, your donation information would be collected and processed by Servant Keeper and shared with the church.)
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language preference, the date and time of access, operating system information. We collect log information when you use Servant Keeper Services (examples: When you create or make changes to your Servant Keeper, or when you make changes to your Servant Keeper Member Access portal website.)
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of Servant Keeper Services. For example, we collect information about what software features you access and use, we collect information about what resources you access, and we collect information on how you use those resources. We collect information about the actions that Servant Keeper administrators and users perform, for example; who did what, when, and to what. We Amplitude to collect detailed information about behavior and events like what areas of the applications are most used when using Servant Keeperall so we can make Servant Keeper better and grow our business.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get personal and demographic information from third parties about individuals who may or may not yet be our users. We get this information from companies that collect and aggregate data, from partners authorized to share this data like church associations, and from publicly available sources like public website content. This may include information about religious affiliation or your role in the church. We may link this information to existing Servant Keeper Accounts and use it, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes or to conduct market research.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide Servant Keeper Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, provide access to your products, or charge you for any of our paid Servant Keeper Services;
- To further develop and improve Servant Keeper Services–for example by adding new Servant Keeper Services or features that we think our users will find valuable or will help them to grow their Community more effectively;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with Servant Keeper Services, which helps us improve Servant Keeper Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use Servant Keeper Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with Servant Keeper Services, protect the security of Servant Keeper Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Servant Keeper and Servant Keeper Users, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of Servant Keeper Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions from Servant Keeper or others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Servant Keeper Services and your Servant Keeper Account; and
- To personalize your experience when using Servant Keeper Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who identify with a specific Christian tradition or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
At times Servant Keeper may make your personal information available to strategic partners. We share information about you in a variety of circumstances, including those listed below, with trusted partners who maintain appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide Servant Keeper Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), and those that help us understand and enhance Servant Keeper Services (like analytics providers), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other lawful governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Servant Keeper, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of Servant Keeper Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We cultivate long term relationships with our users, and we keep information about you until (if applicable) you ask us to delete it, or we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it — which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. You should expect us to retain personal information associated with your Servant Keeper Account indefinitely, but things like email interaction behavior or usage logs for shorter periods of time, ranging from 30 day to 450 days.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Servant Keeper does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of Servant Keeper Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Servant Keeper’s websites and Services, with the drawback that certain features of Servant Keeper’s websites and Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: If you no longer want to use Servant Keeper Services you can close your Servant Keeper Account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests like maintaining accounting records.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete much of your personal data using your account and profile settings. If you would like to contact us about these or your other rights, you can reach us using the contact details below. If Servant Keeper is unable to support or respect your rights, individuals covered by GDPR laws have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Attn: Customer Service
220 Woodware Ave.
Lock Haven, PA 17745
+1 (570) 748-2800
By Email: email@example.com
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Visitors to Our Users’ Websites and Groups