Why More Than 30,000 Churches Switched to Servant Keeper
It’s easy to use.
The number-one reason people switch to Servant Keeper church software—and stay happy users—is because it is so easy to use. While the Servant Keeper development team delivers some of the most powerful and sophisticated tools in the industry, they have always kept “ease of use” as their top priority. After all, what good is great technology if the user can’t figure out how to use it?
It saves time.
Servant Keeper will save you time—tons of it—in several ways. First, you will notice that Servant Keeper keeps your data at your fingertips. Searches take mere seconds. Second, it automates the daily processes, creating a zero redundancy program. You’ll never find yourself typing the same thing over and over! For these reasons and more, many people report saving hours per week—even hours per day—after switching to Servant Keeper.
Every church or ministry is different, and each ministry has different church management needs. That’s why churches need software that can adapt and be easily customized. Customization is a top reason churches choose Servant Keeper. You can customize every field in Servant Keeper to track what’s important for your ministry. You can create customized reports and letters in the SK Writer tool. You can set up your own events and groups and determine who on staff can see which parts of the program. Servant Keeper is a program that adapts to your needs.
Servant Keeper is all about keeping your information at your fingertips at all times. Searches and groups keep information just a click away. Also, Servant Keeper can be installed on any computer. With additional web and mobile apps, you now have unlimited accessibility to your data.
From the start, one of the driving visions behind the creation of Servant Keeper was to provide cutting-edge technology to even the smallest churches. In keeping with that vision, Servant Keeper has always been incredibly affordable. We deliver the best service, support, and software since 1994 at prices just about any church can afford.
Church Software Like You’ve Never Experienced
- It’s easy to use
- It saves them loads of time
- It’s fully customizable
- It puts their data at their fingertips
- It’s affordable
Do you want to easily track contributions and communicate with your church donors?
Do you need an easy-to-use church software program that even your volunteers can use?
Servant Keeper is the complete solution for your church database management needs.
Here’s just some of the things Servant Keeper helps you do:
- Paperless Donor Statements
- Membership Tracking
- Fund Raising
- Online Giving
- Instant Database Searches
- Attendance Tracking
- Group Emailing/Mailing
- Small Groups
- Sunday School
- Rapid/Emergency Notification by Text/Voice/Email
- Custom Mail Merge
- And more!
Servant Keeper’s Personal and Family Profiles Keep It Simple
- Get up and running fast with a streamlined, simple design.
- See families and individuals on one screen at program launch.
- Set the Main List to show only relevant groups of people for each staff member or volunteer.
- Eliminate repetitive typing with simple, automated data entry screens.
- Customize fields and tabs to work the way you want and track data you want to track.
- Save time with pull-down menus and ensure data integrity with autofill fields (no misspelled entries).
- Find comprehensive member information quickly and easily anytime.
- Share your program while keeping your data safe and confidential with multilevel security access.
Servant Keeper’s Groups Keeper and Built-In SK Writer Keep You in Control
- Look up and manage any segment of your ministry.
- Send email and physical mail, create name tags, mark users as attended, and more.
- Simultaneously change information for any group in your church and save hours setting up your ever-changing classes and activities.
- View, print, share, or email any information you want.
- Print customizable group reports, mailing labels, name tags, directories, and more.
- Produce personalized letters and reports using the incredibly simple built-in Mail Merge tool.
Servant Keeper’s Reports Keep You Informed
- Create member lists, attendance rosters, birthday or anniversary lists, or any other list you need.
- Get timely listings of important events in your members’ lives so that you can more effectively show your care and concern.
- Locate interests, skills, and resources available within your congregation to better plan and staff classes, activities, and events.
- Print out things like visitation schedules and activity reports and email them to leaders, pastors, small group leaders, etc.
- Find out who is attending your services or who might be “falling through the cracks.”
- Effortlessly follow up on attendance with mail-merged personalized follow-up letters that will let people know you care about them.
Servant Keeper’s Contribution Tracking Keeps Track of Your Donors and Transactions Quickly, Easily, and Accurately
- Quickly record giving by name or envelope number with streamlined entry screens.
- Auto-enter previous gifts—including split transactions—to save time and typing.
- Analyze your contributions with convenient graphs, charts, and reports.
- Make adjustments before or after contributions and track everything with a complete audit trail for effective accountability.
- Produce customizable contribution statements and reports.
- Link to any Quicken/QuickBooks compatible accounting program. No double-entry required.
- Use optional SK check scanning and remote deposit ability to save even more time.
- Easily integrate with Faithlife Giving.
- Send paperless statements through email to save time, money, and paper.
Servant Keeper’s Attendance Tracking Keeps You Growing
- Attend by individual, family, contributor, or head count.
- Add visitors on the fly while taking attendance.
- Automatically print attendance rosters for teachers and leaders to facilitate taking attendance.
- Produce graphs and charts for visual comparisons.
- Determine which classes, groups, and activities are ministering effectively.
- Use bar code scanners or the optional Servant Keeper Check-In to attend members instantly.
Servant Keeper Online Giving Increases Donations and Makes Your Job Easier
- Create your own custom giving page.
- Accept donations by online check, debit card, or credit (you can choose to only accept debit card, if you want to discourage credit card giving).
- Sync online donations with Servant Keeper contributions so all your donation data is in one place.
Servant Keeper’s SK Notify Lets You Contact Your Groups Anytime, Anywhere, from Any Device
- Manage only one database with the SK Notify and Servant Keeper integration.
- Deliver messages via voice, email, or text (you can choose how you want to send communication, and even better, your recipients can choose how they wish to receive it).
- Enjoy personal online dashboards (administrators can send messages, and members can access archived messages and change contact information).
- Use the administrator version of the mobile app to send messages to any group in the system (members can download the app to receive and archive messages).
- Take advantage of voice-to-text, text-to-voice, and even language translation/conversion.
- Send messages to your social media accounts.
Easily Communicate to Your Church Members
- Voice calls (to home, work, and mobile)
- Text messages
System Requirements for Servant Keeper 8:
Operating System (OS) Compatibility
- Windows®: Servant Keeper will run on any computer that uses any of the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and up.
- Mac®: Servant Keeper can run natively on a Mac (macOS 10.8 or higher).
Servant Keeper will run on computers that meet the following minimum specifications:
- Pentium 4 or newer processor
- 512 Megabytes of Ram
- 500 Megabytes of free hard drive space
- Internet connection
- Network card
What’s New in Servant Keeper 8
Explore the extensive list of new features below. (We’ve added several new integrations like Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Faithlife Giving, and direct integration with QuickBooks!)
- Increased font size (from 8 to 10 pt.)
- Updated themes: Choose Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016, macOS, or Native Windows themes
System Preferences tabs:
- The Defaults tab: This preference will automatically put the cursor in the First Name field when you enter a new profile.
- Miscellaneous tab: (1) Show Report Editor tools will show the report editor buttons in the Report Manager; (2) Prompt to Track Merge with SK Writer as Touch Points allows you to choose whether or not you want to track merged/personalized documents (like letters, permission slips, financial statements) and emails as Touch Points; and (2) Email Address List Separator allows you to choose either a comma or semicolon as the separator.
- Search by Name/Env#/Email by default.
- Search by attributes like Sunday School, Leadership, Skills and Talents, and other list box values.
- Rename the Teacher Roles values.
- Activate or deactivate Attendance, Events, Worship Services, Sundays School Activities, or Small Groups.
- Choose which dashboard options (Appointments, Dates, Important Events, and/or Notes) to display. Each dashboard option allows you to choose the date and display settings.
- Choose the layout (Nested Pages or Vertical List) and the order the dashboards are displayed.
- Right-click on an item in a dashboard to open the profile or send an email.
- Create email lists.
- Sign people up from within Servant Keeper.
- View basic statistics after sending email campaigns through Eventbrite. (Email campaigns sent through Eventbrite integration are tracked as Touch Points in the individual profile.)
- Display the Date Last Attended (for By Person Attendance tracking only).
- Display Background Check Date (when using the integrated background check service).
- Rename all checkboxes.
- Name numeric data using four new user-identified number fields in the main profile tab.
- Select the Eventbrite tab under Overview to track Eventbrite events associated with the organization’s Eventbrite account—and view event costs.
- With the Touch Point tab under Overview: (1) log appointments marked “completed” using the Schedule Appointment tool; (2) send Servant Keeper Writer letters and/or Email Writer emails; (3) view events an individual is registered for and any Mailchimp campaign sent to that individual (when Servant Keeper is connected to an Eventbrite or Mailchimp account); and (4) use the integrated background check service to see when a background check is done.
- From the Mailchimp tab under Overview: Track Mailchimp email lists associated with the organization’s Mailchimp account an individual is subscribing to.
- Choose from four new options: mentor / mentee, sponsor / sponsee, partner / partner, and discipler / disciple.
- Print right from the Relatives tab by clicking the Print button (in both the family and Individual Profile).
- Expand All and Collapse in the Family Profile.
- Find the Assigned To box listed alphabetically.
- Email the assignee of a scheduled appointment.
- Copy existing Servant Keeper reports and edit them to meet your needs.
- Copied/edited reports are now marked with a user icon next to their name in the Report Manager.
- See the entire profile when adding a visitor or editing an existing profile through attendance.
- Enter communion totals with the Quick Count tab. (Track Communion checkbox must be checked.)
- Use the new Small Groups option that ties into the Small Groups field in the individual profile.
- Deactivate old attendance events from the attendance tracking module (Worship Services, Sunday School, Activities, or Small Groups).
- Search both the on-screen list and the entire database for records with the new Search Individual Field search.
- View attendance history from all rosters (option).
- “Show individual payment summary on entry screen”: Under the Entry tab, add a Payment Summary Section to see payment information when entering contributions.
- “Use automated QuickBooks integration”: Under the Posting tab, post contributions directly to QuickBooks without having to import a QuickBooks .IFF file.
- “Prompt when attending contributors on a date that is not a Sunday”: Under the Miscellaneous tab, when creating a new batch, checking Attend Contributions when the Batch Is Posted will display a message asking the user if they want to mark contributions on a different day.
- “Show Report Editor tools”: Under the Miscellaneous Tab, view the Report Editor buttons in the Report Manager.
- “Change font one list view”: Choose the font size, type, and style for the grids in the Contribution Manager.
Batch Manager Screen
- Use the Edit Batch Information button to edit the Batch name and/or Comments fields.
- Use the Delete Batch button to delete posted batches with 0.00 contributions. (0.00 posted batch might exist if a user used the Change Posted Batch Date tool to change the date for all contributions in a batch. The old posted batch would still exist with a 0.00 amount, and that batch can now be deleted using the Batch Manager.)
Edit Posted Entries
- Click on the Print List button in the Individual Pledges tab or the Family Pledges tab, and you now have the option to choose Show/Hide Tags and/or Show Grid Lines.
- Click on Print List button in the Individual Pledges tab or the Family Pledges tab, and you now have the option to choose to display Multi-Page preview.
- Click on the Merge List button in the Individual Pledges tab or the Family Pledges tab you now have the option to choose Merge with Email Writer Template or Merge with Servant Keeper Writer Template.
In the Payment Tracking window:
- Click on the Print List button in the Individuals tab or the Family tab, and you now have the option to choose Show/Hide Tags and/or Show Grid Lines.
- Click on the Print List button in the Individuals tab or the Family tab, and you now have the option to choose display Multi-Page preview.
- Click on the Merge List button in the Individuals tab or the Family tab, and you now have the option to choose Merge with Email Writer Template or Merge with SK Writer Template.
- Show/Hide Tags and/or Show Grid Lines.
- Display Multi-Page preview.
- Merge with Email Writer Template
- Merge with SK Writer Template
- Copy existing Servant Keeper reports and edit them to meet your needs.
- Copied/edited reports show with a next to the report name in the Report Manager.